About Moot Court Competition
CT University’s 1st Prof.(Dr.)Basant K. Sharma Memorial National Moot Court Competition (Virtual) aims at providing a platform to law students to hone their mooting and articulation skills. During the past 2 years amidst pandemic, approximately every family dynamics changed, pursuing lots of long lasting impacts. is Moot Court Competition is designed to enable law students to identify the contemporary legal issues in the family law domain.
Moot Court Competition is organised in the memory of (Late) Prof. (Dr.) Basant K. Sharma who served as an academician with Department of Laws, Punjab University, Chandigarh for more than 30 years. His zeal for teaching and love for community service can still be found amongst his students and the people he worked with.
Click Here to see the MOOT Problem
Guidelines of 1st Prof. ( Dr. ) Basant K. Sharma Memorial National Moot Court Competition(Virtual)
1st Prof. (Dr.)Basant K. Sharma Memorial National Moot Court Competition(Virtual) has been organized by CT University.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Competition shall be open for ‘bonafide’ students who are pursuing an integrated 5 Years or 3 Years law Program during current academic year in India from an institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only one team is permitted to participate from each participating institution.
Language & Dress code:
Language shall be English and the dress code shall be formal.
Ladies: White Salwar and Kurta or White shirt and black Pant/black skirt along with black coat and black shoes.
Gentlemen: White shirt, black trousers, black tie along with black coat and black shoes.
- Each team shall consist of 3 Students (1 as speaker,2nd as speaker and 3rd as researcher).
- Each team should identify such speakers and researchers at the time of registration. e researcher is not permitted to speak except under special cases and only with the express permission of Organizers/judges.
- There shall be no substitution of any team member and a team has submitted its Registration form, except with the permission of the Organizers.
- All interested teams shall have to make payment of registration fees amounting to INR 500/- (non-refundable) in the account given below –
MODE OF PAYMENT
Account name- CT University
Account No- 087901003704
IFSC Code – ICIC0000879
*Kindly keep record of the payment done and take a
screenshot as the same is to be attached in registration form.