Ref: CTU/Reg/2019/ 01051
Subject: Departmental Research Committee (DRC)
The CT University has made admissions of PhD students in different constituent Schools of the University. The Guides have also been allotted to a number of PhD Scholars. Some Scholars have even prepared their Research Synopses which are under scrutiny and processing.
In order to take up the work related to evaluation, approval of synopses and to streamline the smooth running of PhD Programmes, the constitution of the Departmental Research committee (DRC) is required.
DRC will be composed of the following composition:
1. Dean Research (Convener)
2. Nominee of the Worthy Vice Chancellor (Member)
3. Registrar (Member)
4. Head of Concerned Schools (Member)
5. Assistant Registrar (Research) (Member Secretary)
The DRC will function as under:
1. To recommend the names of Supervisors/Guides /Co-Guides for Research Scholars
2. To guide the Research Scholar to develop study design and methodology of research
3. To review the research proposal/synopsis submitted by the scholar (after the successful completion of the course work) for presentation of the research proposal