CT University holds a great respect for Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and has been celebrating the Guru Nanak Jayanti every year with zeal and fervour. The CT Group of Institutes is also associated with the celebrations at Sultanpur Lodhi. The CT University is also keen to join the nation in this historical commemoration of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Devji in a big way.
This will be an event, first of its kind to be organized by any University in India. The following activities will be planned:
1.Setting up Guru Nanak Dev Chair at CT University
- To work on the philosophy and teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the establishment of the Chair will be announced on this occasion.
2. Spiritual Discourse
- Motivational deliberations, spiritual dialogue and Yoga Exercises
3. Joy of Meditation and Gurbani Kirtan
- Sri Vivekananda Trust, Ludhiana-The Temple of Humanity
- Gurbani Kirtan by famous Ragis
4.Focus on Self Defense
- Experts from Sarab Rog Ka Aukhad Naam, Ayurdeva, Homeopathy, etc.
- Marshal Arts (Gatka, etc)
5.Enlightenment through Divine Music
- Gurbani Music in Raagas, Bhajan, etc, by musicians of Jawaddi Taksaal, Ludhiana
- Divine Instrumental Music by Namdhari Darbar, Bhaini Sahib
- Discourse by Veer Bhupinder Singh, Bhai Pinder Pal Singh and others
6.Poetry and Literary Workshop (Dedicated to Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji)
- Eminent Poets and Litterateurs (Sardar Panchhi, Dr Surjit Patar, etc)
- So kiyo manda aakhiye, jit jammey raajaan – Poetry by women poets
7. Exhibition of Divine Books
– Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle (Regd), Ludhiana,
– Punjabi Sahit Akademi, Ludhiana,
– Osho Library, Ludhiana,
– Brahm Kumaris, Ludhiana
– Alagh International, Ludhiana ( Dr Sarup Singh Alagh)
– other Publishing Houses
8. Photo Exhibition on “Baramaah of Guru Nanak Dev Ji”
- Photographs and Coffee Table Books by T.P.S.Sandhu and Ranjodh Singh
9. Quiz on the Teachings of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji for CT University students
……and many more activities!